Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Freefall

It was a very busy and intense day, with the morning spent delving into the depths of suffering, and the afternoon spent in our final small group practicum practicing the zillion new skills we have learned.  Both experiences were very positive but intense (I think I've said intense once already, but my mind struggles to find more words, given the intensity of today).  Tonight I try to string coherent thoughts together as I fill out my assessment paperwork.  I am once again awed by the thoroughness of the paperwork (enough said).  Tomorrow morning is class, then assessments in the afternoon, with the final assessment Friday afternoon.  We close with a party Friday night.  Then home on Saturday, and a different kind of work begins!

In class today our instructor shared the following poem as "consolation" following our difficult discussion on suffering.  May it cause your spirit to soar!

The Avowal, by Denise Levertov (one of my new favorite poets)

As swimmers dare
to lie face to the sky
and water bears them,
as hawks rest upon air
and air sustains them,
so would I learn to attain
freefall, and float
into Creator Spirit's deep embrace,
knowing no effort earns
that all-surrounding grace.

With love and prayers,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment