Thursday, April 26, 2012

To Touch God...

Tender God touch us.
Be touched by us;
make us lovers of humanity,
compassionate friends of all creation.
Gracious God, hear us into speech;
speak us into acting;
and through us, recreate the world.
Amen
- Carter Heyward

Driving back to Boise is my re-entry phase of the journey.  I leave the place that sustains, affirms, and supports the rhythms that heal my soul and invite me into balance, and drive back into another part of my life.  I am the same person in both places, except that in one place I am in balance and feel integrated and whole, and in the other I struggle to stay open and present to God's touch.

I accept the responsibility of cultivating those qualities from the Monastery that hear me into speech and speak me into action in a way that is consistent with that beautiful balance and middle way that is so much a part of Benedictine spirituality - and life with God.  I accept the responsibility of being myself. 

The temptation, of course, is to just fall back into the familiar patterns.  Can I resist?

Can you?

I will write again Sunday evening.  Until then, may you identify what helps you to experience God's touch, and the ways in which you touch God.  And may you find joy and meaning in the sacred encounter.

With love and prayers,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment