Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Solo Dios Basta

I seem to be living in and out of linear time right now.  Although it is almost Thursday, tonight I am beginning to incorporate an experience I had Monday evening.  After I had finished with the computer, I tidied up my papers, spent time with the Examen and then prepared to call it a night.  While busy wrapping up the day, I heard it - clear as could be.  That inner voice - God voice - wise voice - pay attention voice - speaking clearly in my heart, and saying something I wasn't expecting to hear.

An Epiphany of the most unexpected kind!

It has taken me 'till today to start processing it.  I am beginning to sink into the reality that was opened to me - again the downward journey.  Where will this realization take me?

I close tonight with a poem of Teresa of Avila, which is quoted in one of my favorite books by Gerald May, entitled The Dark Night of the Soul:

Let nothing disturb you;
Let nothing make you afraid;
All things pass;
But God is unchanging,
Patience
is enough for everything.
You who have God
lack nothing.
God alone is sufficient.

Solo Dios basta.
With love,
Kim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment