Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Perfect Match

Today was filled with small miracles.  I watched the first snowstorm of spring move through the Treasure Valley - I hardly ever take time to watch the snow, but today there was both time and falling snow, so it made for a perfect match.  And since it is Boise, the snow melted by late afternoon, and my bird friends came out to feed (sans Hawk strikes) creating a peaceful day in the garden.  Tonight I heard from a dear friend who I hadn't heard from in years.  What a gift!

Day two of rest hasn't quite been as much rest as is needed, but I'm finding my way, and feeling less resistant.  The slower pace allows questions to slowly rise to the surface - questions that are worthy of consideration and answers.  Perhaps being busy is a good defense to keep the questions at bay.  Another perfect match - I have the time, and here come the questions.

What questions are resting just beneath the surface in your life?  When you allow yourself to be still, do they fully emerge and invite your attention?  Can you accept their invitation and sit with them?  You may be surprised at what great teachers these questions can be.

Listening,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment