Sunday, May 13, 2012

Acceptance, Part 2

Even difficult days come to an end, as this day will soon do.  I will sleep, and will awaken to a new day...to new challenges...to new opportunities.

A certain kind of wisdom does seem to come with the passing of years.  I remember a time when a difficult day felt as though it would last forever - like it was the end of the world.  Now they come and they go, with the next day (or hour or moment) bringing a different experience.  The key seems to be not clinging to whatever comes, be it joy or sorrow, but to hold it in open hands, and let it move through my heart in its own way, in its own time.

I remember as a child trying to hold water in my hands, and being disappointed that it always managed to slip away.  Little did I realize that holding with hands open was a model for how to face life and all its complexity.

So through open hands the joy and pain of today moves through my heart.  I will sleep, and awaken to a new day, with new challenges and opportunities.

And so will you...

Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment