Sunday, July 29, 2012

Game on!

It has been a long, hard day.  The reasons why are not nearly as important as the lessons those reasons have reinforced:

Each of us is responsible for our own health and happiness - our own well-being.  We are responsible for our life.  We need to fight for our dreams with the same tenacity as those Olympic athletes who lay it all on the line and leave it all on the field, or on the court, or in the pool, or wherever they compete.

I need to fight for my dreams, my health, happiness and well-being.  Period.

One of my favorite little devotional books is "When I Loved Myself Enough" by Kim McMillen.  I haven't read it in years, but I took it out last night and opened to page one, which only contained this one sentence:  "When I loved myself enough, I quit settling for too little."

Game on!

Back on my feet,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment