Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chrysalis Time

It is not a year's experience; it is not a degree once gotten and then ignored.  This is not a spiritual quick fix.  It is a way of life and it takes a lifetime to absorb.  Nothing important, nothing life altering, nothing that demands total commitment can be tried on lightly and easily discarded.  It is the work of a lifetime that takes a lifetime to leaven us until, imperceptibly, we find ourselves changed into what we sought."  Joan Chittister, The Rule of Benedict:  A Spirituality for the 21st Century

All is well.  I am safe, getting stellar medical care, challenged, encouraged, and learning to heal my heart and life.  This is serious chrysalis time, as I work to change into what I seek - my true self, healthy, whole and well.

May you be happy, may you be peaceful, may you be free from suffering, may you be healed, may you be filled with love.  And may I be the same...

Kim

1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers as you take this time for metamorphosis.

    ReplyDelete