Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Job One

This is Take 2 for my post tonight.   I just deleted the first draft, which was (in my opinion) clever, fairly well written, just insightful enough that I was impressing myself with it...

...and total self-serving crap.

Now I'll try again to say that the human soul has amazing tensile and compressive strength yet can be as fragile as a snowflake.  Today I moved among souls facing pain and loss so intense that it could suck all the oxygen out of the room (and off the face of the planet).  I marvel and weep over what the human heart can withstand, and what, over time, can be transformed.  I am simply in awe of God's ability to be in the midst of even the most convulsive, raw pain, and stay in that space until life emerges once again.  God never walks away or gives up.  Resurrection is all around us - we are steeped in it, and often do not even know it.

I live as a witness to resurrection who, when asked, can testify that there is reason to hope.  Anything else I do pales in comparison to this one calling.

Hopeful,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment