Sunday, December 30, 2018

On my way...

I write from the airspace between Boise and Denver.  As I look down at all the snow I thank you, dear friends, for suggesting that I fly instead of drive my little Honda Fit over these passes.  I am safe and snug in this high flying bus enjoying the snow from afar.

Thank you for an unforgettable decade of ministry.  You have taught me so much - and I leave you a far wiser pastor than when I arrived.  I hope you learned a few things with me, too.  Watching your transformation has been a joy.  I leave here confident that you are in a solid place to undertake your search, and I trust that God is preparing the next pastor to come and journey with you - just as God slowly prepared me to leave you to journey with the good people of Bethany.

Let love be your guide - keep letting your light shine - and don’t lose sight of who you are and why you are here.  Be compassionate and kind - the world really needs that right now.  May God bless you and keep you always.

Know that I love you and release you to the care of a God who loves you to infinity and back.  You are in good hands.

And with this I conclude this blog.  Blessings, dear ones, on your journey.

Traveling mercies and love,
Kim

5 comments:

  1. We are blessed to have you in our lives. Stay connected as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am relieved to know that you flew to your new pastorate, Kim. Keep flying (metaphorically) in your new calling! Terry Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful for you! Hopeful that you will have improvement in your health, more Grammy time, and opportunities to recharge and create! �� Glenda and Clint Randall

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's speed to you, Pastor Kim. Thank you for sharing your amazing gifts and talents with us all these years. I wish you and your new congregation all the best and may God bless each and every one of you and us as we transition into the unknown, trusting and having faith that God's got this! Love always, Julie Stutts Baker

    ReplyDelete