Saturday, March 2, 2013

Manna on Thursday

God stopped by my office for a chat on Thursday - a surprise visit, to be sure.  That there was a visit to my office scheduled for that time was not the surprise...the unexpected part was that it was God who came along for the visit.

We had been talking only a few minutes when I noticed that this was not going as I had anticipated.  Instead, over the course of half a hour, God shared some very important truths with me via my visitor -

- that God had indeed noticed what was going in in my heart and circumstances...
- that God cared deeply about what was happening...
- that I was not alone...
- that I was a capable adult and more than equal to the tasks before me

Noticed - cared for - not alone - capable - what gifts to be offered during this unexpected visit!  Just when I think I have God's behaviors and routines all mapped out, I am reminded yet again that God is not a puppet at the end of my strings - but is completely free to surprise me at will and provide me with bread sufficient for the day (and then some).

To be reduced to awe and silence is a great gift.  On Thursday I could only smile - there were no words.  By Friday I could say "thank you."  And today, well, I can say that my soul was fed manna on Thursday, thanks to the the open heart of a person who invited God to accompany them to an appointment with their pastor.  They were quite a team!

What would this coming week look like if you invited God to accompany you as you interacted with people?  Conversations, meetings, appointments, chance encounters - how might they be transformed if God joined you in the experience?

Still smiling from being noticed, cared for and reassured - bread from heaven -
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment